Paterson Charter School for Science and Technology is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. The mission of the Paterson Charter School for Science and Technology is to provide a responsive educational model that will empower all students, through a standards – equity based academic program founded on expectations for high achievement that will graduate literate, responsible, self-directed persons who have the core knowledge and skills needed to be successful, contributing members of society.The mission of the PCSST supports our vision for a new public school that:
- Will encourage all students to not just graduate but desire to pursue higher education or occupations that will continually challenge their intellect;
- Will work to transform all students into citizens who think independently, critically, creatively, and morally;
- Will foster self-esteem and engender all students to view themselves as valuable and to take responsibility for their actions;
- Will be an enthusiastic, dynamic learning environment staffed with instructors committed to teaching to high standards and meeting the learning needs of students, both collectively and individually;
- Will be a learning community with and established, accessible connection between the quadrangle of stakeholders – students; parents; school; and community – which nurtures and supports for all students their academic , emotional, and physical development;
- Is a learning environment that sustains high academic achievement for all students through ongoing authentic assessments and open accountability to all stake holders.