Brittany Harden, Ph.D., LPC - 2-3 School Counselor, HIB Specialist & K-3 Mental Health Counselor
My Role as Your Child’s School Counselor Is: To be an advocate for your child and work collaboratively with parents, students, teachers, administrators, and with our community to ensure the growth of the whole child; socially, emotionally, and academically!
You may contact me anytime through e-mail at:
Brittany.Harden@pcsst.org or call 973-910-8090 ext. 4109.
If I do not answer please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
The Goals of the PCSST Guidance Program Are:
- To assist students with educational, personal, career, and goal planning.
- To develop personalized programs based on each student’s strengths and needs.
- To help students understand themselves and others.
- To assist students in identifying and dealing with problems.
- To facilitate the identification of students with special needs.
- To provide crisis intervention when necessary.
- To coordinate referrals to school and community support services.
- To serve as a resource to students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
Some Reasons to Contact Your Child’s School Counselor Are:
- Academic skills support
- Career/Future planning
- School adjustment issues
- Coping, problem-solving, and decision-making concerns
- Organization, study, and test-taking skills
- Peer relationships, and conflict resolution problems
- Divorce, separation, and family changes
- Experiencing loss, death, and grief
- Substance abuse awareness
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
- School-based and community resources information or referrals